Hey guys! This week I’m going to do this post a little differently because I feel like you’ve kind of gotten the “jist” of my diet and ideas for Whole 30 meals. But I still wanted to share!
I finished days 15 – 22 this week. I’m still shocked I’ve made it this far, to be honest. Especially with all of the times I had to eat out and be social this week. I would say one of the hardest parts of this diet is the social aspect. I feel like every social event involves explaining why I’m doing it, clarifying what I can and can’t eat and drink, and then resisting temptation. Plus I have no idea how the restaurant is preparing my food so I just have to use my best judgment and ask for everything to be prepared sans butter because I’m allergic to dairy (seems to work so far).
This week has also been difficult from the standpoint that I’m seriously craving everything. I knew this would happen eventually. If I have to see that freaking ad for birthday cake pancakes one more time from ihop I’m going to lose it. I want pasta. Chocolate. Cheese. Chocolate cheese (jk). But seriously I want it all. Right now. As much as I love my bananas these days it still doesn’t fill the void. I mean it makes sense, but it’s definitely gotten a lot harder. I’m not gonna lie.
Either way, I feel like the process has taught me so much about what I’m putting in my body and how to eat what I need instead of what I want. And I have definitely gotten more used to the routine, and I’ve cut down on the amount of time it takes to meal prep and grocery shop (which can be a huge undertaking on Sundays when all I want is my PJs and an ice cream cone).
Here are some of the meals we prepped at home this week:
1. Whole 30 chili for lunch with pulled chicken (I roasted it in the crock pot for 4 hours with Trader Joe’s salsa verde), garlic, green peppers, onion, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, sweet potatoes and chili seasoning (chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper).
2. Grilled tilapia with cauliflower rice and spinach.
3. Grilled kofta kabob (lamb kabobs we bought pre-made at Whole Foods) with roasted brussels.
4. Classic egg & grapefruit combo for breakfast (if anyone is interested, grapefruit season is done BTW)
5. Sautéed cauliflower with organic tomato sauce and Trader Joe’s sundried tomato chicken sausage.
6. Scrambled eggs, leftover sausage, and roasted potatoes.
7. Grilled chicken thighs, pepper kabobs, and roasted potatoes.
Here are the meals I ate out this week:
1. Grilled chicken and peppers from Cruz Blanca.
2. Chicken Roti and veggies from Roti.
3. Salad with veggies and avocado from Mixed Greens. I used my own dressing of just olive oil & balsamic vinegar.
4. Roasted lamb with green beans, potatoes, and tomato sauce from Mykonos.
Soooo yeah getting a salad at a pizza place wasn’t exactly easy. And my chicken from Cruz Blanca probably had some non-whole-30 ingredients. But hey, I stuck with it the best I could, right!? Anyway, just another week and some change to go, and I’m all done!
I hope everyone has an awesome rest of the week! I will see you this Thursday! Xo.