Hi friends!! How is everyone doing today?! Yesterday it was actually SUNNY here in Chicago which is exactly what I needed. I don’t know about you guys, but when it’s gloomy for days and days and days I just get into the weirdest little funk.
Plus, I wasn’t feeling good AT ALL on Sunday and if you watch my Insta-story you also know I had the worst chapped lips EVER and I felt like I was coming down with something. So naturally I ate a HUGE acai bowl, chugged green juice & a tonnnn of water, and made sure I stuck to my paleo-ish diet that always makes me feel like a million bucks.
Speaking of which.
Yesterday I made the TASTIEST Whole 30-compliant taco chicken EVAAAA. I’m serious. It was so freaking good that even when I was cooking it I kept sneaking bites and then I had to stop because I knew if I kept going I wouldn’t have enough leftover for my lunches this week.
So obvs I took a lot of pics so I can share with you guys!!!
One of the best parts about this recipe is how freakin’ versatile it is. I just put together a random combo of ground chicken, cauli rice, and sweet potatoes but you can really serve the taco meat however you want – including on a butter lettuce leaf or piece of iceburg for some lettuce wrap tacos!
Ingredients (makes 5 lunch-portion-sized servings!)
Seasonings & OIL:
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 3 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne pepper (for the sweet taters!)
- 2 lb ground chicken (turkey can also be subbed if desired)
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 bags of cauliflower rice (this yielded a LOT, adjust as needed)
- Whole 30-compliant salsa (I used Trader Joe’s chunky salsa)
- Avocado or guacamole
- Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo or Tessemae’s Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potatoes into small chunks and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and a little cayenne pepper if you’re into some spice. Roast them in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix up your spices (spice list above!) in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet or wok, spray some olive oil spray or drizzle olive oil in the pan, and add your ground chicken & seasonings. Cook the ground chicken until it’s cooked through (or balls up into small pieces).
- Set aside your chicken. In the same pan (it adds flavor!) add another drizzle of olive oil, cauliflower rice, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, some cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and the SALSA!
- Combine your ground chicken, sweet taters, and cauli rice in a bowl and serve with Primal Kitchen mayo, Tessemae ranch, guacamole or a sliced avocado, and/or a squeeze of lime.
I’m telling you guys, this is so quick & easy and can be made into SO many different dishes! And once you have this taco seasoning, you won’t even miss the sugar- and soy-filled stuff that comes from a packet.
So tell me… do you have a favorite Whole 30 taco recipe up your sleeve?! Is this something you want to try? Tell me everything! I will be back tomorrow with some fun new TIDBITS so be sure to check back! Xo.