Hi friends! How was everyone’s weekend!? My mom, Mumsy, came into town Thursday night and we spent the entire weekend just hangin’ out, chillin’, eatin’, and drinking a ton of coffee. It was sooo nice. This is the first place I’ve had in Chicago where I can actually host someone in a spare bedroom, so it was kind of a big deal.
My dad actually ended up driving to Chicago on Sunday, too, because he had something come up for work last-minute. So it was even better that I could see them both! But it also means grocery + meal prep gets moved to today (Monday), so this is more like what I’m going to eat instead of what I’m eating right now. Ya dig?
How. Amazing. Does. This. Look.
All credit goes to @thecrunchyradish on Instagram. I screenshotted this bad boy. My mouth was also kind of watering.
BUT – I am a huge fan of breakfast casseroles. They save SO much time in the mornings, all you have to do is throw them in the microwave for a hot minute (pun intended) and they’re super good.
Again I’m going to alter this recipe (the original recipe is in her Instagram post). Because I can’t eat cheese and I don’t know what “ramps” are and maybe I should but it doesn’t sound like something I would like anyway sooooo….
- 1 pkg chicken sausage
- 1 bag spinach, sautéed
- 1 case baby bella mushrooms
- 7 Vital Farms eggs
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Baked at 375 for 30 minutes
Monday is going to be a Sweetgreens salad since I can’t prep Sunday night, but the rest of the week I’m planning on:
- Grilled chicken thighs marinated in my favorite-ever Shawarma sauce from Whole Foods (see my Whole 30 essentials post for the sauce)
- Roasted beets (I’m OBSESSED)
- Roasted carrots (they actually go really well with beets)
- Roasted asparagus (because I need some greens)
- Salmon + brussels + butternut squash
- Steak fajitas w/ lettuce wraps + organic refried black beans + margaritas (because I totally missed Cinco De Mayo and need an excuse for a marg)
- Butternut squash noodles + Whole Foods Italian chicken sausage + Rao’s Arrabbiata (one of my favorite sauces EVER, again you can find a pic in my Whole 30 essentials guide)
So… what are you guys having for meals this week? Any recipes? Any tips? Tell me everything! Xo.